A Checklist To Get Your Community Ready
- Get the school supply list for your kids and take them school supply shopping, this is always a fun way to get in the mindset that school is coming!!
- Start easing into early bedtimes and waking up at the right time to get ready for school, this will make the mornings easier for all.
- Make a family calendar, write down every days activities and schedules.
- Be sure that the family knows the bus schedule and the bus stop, this will ease the bus riding anxiety.
- Reinforce the buddy system with your kids! Always walk with a buddy never alone.
- Check-in with your neighbors and community association to be certain the neighborhood watch system is ready for the busy year!
- Have an emergency plan with you child. having a plan for at home and school will eliminate the unknowns for the unforeseen emergencies.
Building emergency plans shouldn’t be hard work! Here are a few items to help build a successful emergency kit:
- Make sure your child knows the name, address & phone numbers of parents or guardians (this is key!)
- Keep a list of the child’s allergies, medical conditions and immunizations.
- Water bottle
- Snacks such as a granola or breakfast type bar and other non-perishable items.
- Glow stick or small flashlight
- Clean wipes
These are just a few steps to take when getting your house prepared for the back to school chaos.